Since the advent of Covid-19, mediation and dispute resolution proceedings have moved online for many practioners and clients alike. The surge in interest in virtual proceedings has led to rapid change and innovation in the industry and new programs, modalities, and practices are ever evolving and being offered. In fact, since the beginning of the Pandemic, Susan has trained almost 20,000 profesionals in the ethical and practical considerations of taking their practice online!
The plethora of options can be confusing and the actual nuts and bolts of conducting a virtual mediation are still not familiar to many dispute resolution professionals. In fact, with ongoing technical advances and an increase in experience and research in the area, the practice of online mediation continues to evolve.
In this updated training program, leading online mediation expert, Susan Guthrie will bring you up-to-date on the current state of online mediation and will walk you through the basics of what you need to know to conduct your mediations virtually as well as touching upon more advanced ethical and practical issues.
The training covers:
· Recommended equipment and setup
· Account setup and program settings
· Mediation session scheduling and setup
· Functionality including screensharing, waiting room and breakout rooms
· Security considerations
· Ethical considerations re: Confidentiality, Privacy, Competency and Unconscious Bias
· Best practices and troubleshooting
· Alternative platforms and why you need them
· Creating rapport and managing emotions in an online environment
· Effective online communication skills
· The importance of visual aids in the process
· Technology aids in mediation to streamline the process
· The Limits to Online Confidentiality and Best Practices
· The importance of participant preparation
· Zoom fatigue and other online issues involving neuroscience
· What’s coming in the post-Covid world including AI, Hybrid Meetings and Virtual Reality
· Q & A Session
This Training is suitable for mediators, advocates, neutrals and other professionals from all areas of specialty and is geared for both the novice and more experienced online practitioner.
Early Bird Pricing Until October 17, 2021 - $395