ADVANCED MEDIATION SKILLS AND TOOLS
Topic Focus for November 2022: Dealing with High Emotion and Breaking Impasse
With an appearance by Special Guest Ken Cloke on the Effective Use of Apology and Forgiveness
Nov 7-9, 2022
9:30am – 2:00pm PT
12:30pm – 5:00pm ET
Live Online Training via Zoom
Expand your mediation toolbox and revitalize your practice with Advanced Mediation Skills and Tools: Dealing with High Emotion and Breaking Impasse. This popular 3-day course is geared towards mediators, coaches, and collaborative professionals who want to move their practice and expertise to a new level. Internationally recognized mediators Woody Mosten and Susan Guthrie will present cutting edge strategies to improve your skills in managing high emotion in the mediation room, including:
- Advanced Caucus Strategies with a Facilitative Approach
- Dealing with High Emotion – Systems Theory Interventions
- Advanced Applications of Interest-Based Negotiations
- Late-Stage Strategies for Breaking Impasse
- Facilitative Mediator Proposals
- Confidential Mini Evaluations for Parenting Disputes
Mosten Guthrie Academy is approved by the State Bar of California to offer 12 credit hours (for attorneys) of California MCLE and Family Specialization participatory credit, including 1 hour of Ethics for this training. Mosten Guthrie Academy is also approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (provider 75785) to sponsor Continuing Education and this training meets the qualifications for 12 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Mosten Guthrie Academy maintains responsibility for this course and its content. Professionals in other states may request credit approval from their governing organizations; approval is not guaranteed.
This is a live, participatory training delivered in a supportive, dynamic, and interactive online forum. Synchronous attendance and participation is required and recordings are not available for makeup or review; see Mosten Guthrie Academy Cancellation and Attendance Policies (linked) for more information.
The content of the Advanced Mediation courses builds on our 40-Hour Family & Divorce Mediation Training and offers select combinations of cutting-edge skills and focused topic content.
Other Trainings in the Series:
- Advanced Divorce Mediation Training: Marital and Separate Property Check out the Agenda! TESTIMONIALS FROM NOVEMBER 2021!
- Advanced Divorce Mediation Training: Child Support & Spousal Support Check out the Agenda!
- Advanced Divorce Mediation Training; Use of Experts & Working with Attorneys
- Advanced Family Mediation Training: Mediating Premarital Agreements, Non Disclosure Agreements & Informed Consent throughout the Mediation Process
- Advanced Divorce Mediation Training: Complex Legal & Financial Issues and Difficult Participants
- Advanced Family Mediation Training Dealing w Suspension, Termination & Challenging Confidentiality Issues