40-Hour Family & Divorce Mediation Training – Online via Zoom
Trainers: Forrest “Woody” Mosten & Susan Guthrie
Offered only one more time in 2022:
Sept. 7 – 10 (Wed-Sat)
Sept. 14 – 16 (Wed-Fri)
Sept 21 – 23 (Wed-Fri)
(Ten training days total)
9:30am – 2:00pm PT (with 1/2 hour break)
12:30pm – 5:00pm ET (with 1/2 hour break)
Early Bird Fee for SEPTEMBER Program (Until 8/16/2022): $1,795.00
Full Price: $2,195.00
You only have one more chance to become a Mosten Guthrie 40-Hour Family & Divorce Mediation Trained professional in 2022!
Mosten Guthrie flagship 40-Hour Family and Divorce Mediation Training gets rave reviews from both experienced divorce professionals and those just starting out in mediation, collaborative practice, and coaching. Top-notch instructors, innovative materials and a supportive and engaged participant group make this a truly enlightening and transformative course.
Align your practice with your values, get excited about your career again, and put your best qualities to work helping families. Did you know that many mediation professionals recommend taking several 40-hour foundational trainings to learn new approaches, brush up your skills, and gain insight from new instructors? Come join us and see for yourself what a difference a high-quality training can make.
An essential skill-building course for those looking to mediate or to support or coach clients in mediation or Collaborative processes, this training includes:
- Ten days of live, participatory online instruction with experienced and engaging instructors who facilitate an engaged, collaborative learning environment. Each day has four hours of instruction and a 30-minute break.
- Two luminaries of the field, Forrest “Woody” Mosten and Susan Guthrie, are the primary trainers for the course and bring decades of experience and expertise in mediation, collaborative law, unbundling, practice building, teaching, and online mediation skills and ethics.
- A supportive and engaged interdisciplinary participant group includes professionals with backgrounds in law, mental health, coaching, financial, education, and other fields.
- Extensive written materials cover foundational concepts, a toolbox of mediation skills, step-by-step processes, checklists, and essential building blocks for a family and divorce mediation practice
- Participants who complete the training will receive a Certificate of Completion for the Mosten Guthrie 40-Hour Family and Divorce Mediation Training, which is qualified as an MC3 approved training and qualifies participants for membership in most Collaborative Practice groups and family mediation panels. Please note that synchronous attendance and participation is required and recordings are not available for makeup or review; see our Cancellation and Attendance Policies for more information.
- The Mosten Guthrie 40-Hour Family and Divorce Mediation Training course is approved by the California State Bar for 37.5 hours of California MCLE and Family Specialization participatory credit, including 2 hours of Ethics. Mosten Guthrie Academy is also approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor Continuing Education for California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. Mosten Guthrie Academy maintains responsibility for this course and its content. This training meets the qualifications for 40 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- BONUS: Included in your tuition is a live online one-hour practice building and cutting-edge marketing session with Susan Guthrie designed for the new mediator looking to kick start their mediation practice or the established mediator looking to raise the bar on their marketing outreach.
More about your trainers:
Forrest “Woody” Mosten has been training mediators and collaborative professionals for over 40 years, and many of the most successful and skilled mediators in the field got their start in one of Woody’s trainings (which started in his living room!). With a deep knowledge of the field and a passion for continued learning, Woody remains an accessible and supportive teacher who truly enjoys working with students at all levels and imparting his enthusiasm for conflict resolution and the career satisfaction it has brought him. Woody is the author of countless articles and several books including The Complete Guide to Mediation (ABA, 2015), Unbundling Legal Services (ABA, 2017), Mediation Career Guide (Jossey-Bass, 2001), Collaborative Divorce Handbook (Jossey-Bass, 2010) and Building a Successful Collaborative Practice (ABA, 2018).
Susan Guthrie is recognized as one of the leading voices in online mediation in the world and is the creator and host of the iTunes top podcast, The Divorce & Beyond Podcast as well as The Learn to Mediate Online Podcast for dispute resolution professionals. She loves bringing tech tools down to earth and teaching practitioners at all skill levels to improve their own lives and their client’s experience by leveraging low-cost, DIY solutions for common practice issues. Susan has also mastered the ins and outs of marketing and social media, and believes that even the most marketing-shy professionals can benefit from simple techniques to amplify their messaging and get more of the business they want. She loves welcoming new mediators, coaches, and collaborative professionals to the field and is passionate about the benefits of interdisciplinary practice. Susan is always happy to answer a question, and frequently goes the extra mile to help support members of the Mosten Guthrie family as they reach for their practice goals.